Sports Massage is ideal for keeping the horse healthy, pain free and performing better, If you as a rider are suffering aches and pains, postural dysfunctions this will directly transpire to your horse. If you invest in yourself do not fail to invest in your horse.
What is Sports Massage?
Sports Massage is a non-diagnostic, non-invasive, gentle hands on soft tissue discipline that addresses the horses body as a whole.
Used during training and pre and post competition massage keeps muscles healthy, builds up those that may have wasted, maintains strength and suppleness and prevents atrophy even during a period of box rest or restricted work. After exertion massage minimises stiffness and speeds repair to tissue damaged as an inevitable result of physical stress and fatigue. Passive stretches help to keep or restore joints and muscles to full working capacity.
All horses can benefit from a massage, whether they are the treasured family paddock pony to the four star eventer or FEI dressage horse.
What are the benefits of Sports Massage?
- Inducing relaxation and realignment of soft tissue
- Increasing and improving circulation
- Releasing hypertonic, spasming and traumatized soft tissue
- Enhancing muscle tone
- Enabling recovery from injury and atrophy
- Alleviating pain
- Prevent and relieve adhesions
- Increase range of movement
- Assisting detoxification and lymphatic drainage